Topic: LaunchpaddrPro [ WebGL Port ]
Just wanted to give you a heads up that launchpaddrPro is in development. I initially started this as a winx32/x64 osx build, which worked quite well, but came with some red flags, in that I needed to get some pretty hefty licenses to release anything publicly, Some of the libraries I came across weren't cross compatible as well, so that meant multiple branches of development which was frankly larger than I could commit to. I started to think though, that I've already built something on the web, why not just use those libraries ? So, I started porting it into webGL. It has its own challenges to get over, but the basic functionality requirements for webMidi have now been setup. This is one step back from launchpaddr, for one giant step forward in terms of growth potential.
- Full launchpad support from mk1 -> pro.
- Multiple launchpad support (check)
- Shader supported rendering pipeline / render texture (check)
- FX Mixer (assign fx shaders to texture channels and blend / sequence)
- Create new userbase system without need of FB login.
- Overhaul animation system (required for multiple launchpad support)
- Save / Export features
Overkill ? yes, definitely.