1 (edited by cynex 2018-05-20 23:34:37)

Topic: LaunchpaddrPro [ WebGL Port ]

Hey Everyone,
Just wanted to give you a heads up that launchpaddrPro is in development. I initially started this as a winx32/x64 osx build, which worked quite well, but came with some red flags, in that I needed to get some pretty hefty licenses to release anything publicly, Some of the libraries I came across weren't cross compatible as well, so that meant multiple branches of development which was frankly larger than I could commit to. I started to think though, that I've already built something on the web, why not just use those libraries ? So, I started porting it into webGL. It has its own challenges to get over, but the basic functionality requirements for webMidi have now been setup. This is one step back from launchpaddr, for one giant step forward in terms of growth potential.

LaunchpaddrPro goals:
- Full launchpad support from mk1 -> pro.
- Multiple launchpad support (check)
- Shader supported rendering pipeline / render texture (check)
- FX Mixer (assign fx shaders to texture channels and blend / sequence)
- Create new userbase system without need of FB login.
- Overhaul animation system (required for multiple launchpad support)
- Save / Export features

https://launchpaddr.com/LaunchpaddrPro
Overkill ? yes, definitely.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

2 (edited by cynex 2018-05-21 00:35:52)

Re: LaunchpaddrPro [ WebGL Port ]

Update : I've updated the site to use SSL, so with that, comes the use of sysex messages, which allow for full RGB display mode on the MK2 and Pro. This also means that there is no need to do the palette conversion at run time, and runs faster as a result.

Link updated in the OP.

If you notice any bugs, it's likely because I'm changing something up. I typically leave it in a working state as I can test most of the app locally, but sometimes I need to test specifics.

Also, if anyone has 4 launchpads, let me know how it works, I've tested with 2 so far (MK2 + Pro) and can maintain 45fps on RGB mode which is very promising.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

coolio!

Have a good day :3

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Thanks smile I'm open to suggestion as well on what kind of functionality the tool will have in terms of creation.
I'd like to have a clip system setup so that animations could be queued, similar to how you would in a daw. Rather than one long timeline, it could be broken down into clips which you can sequence to form the final animation.  The way I see it, you could save your clips as mini projects and import them whenever you need in another project.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

5 (edited by Frankenstein795 2018-05-23 19:53:18)

The export to midi function is not working for me. Could it be that i am using opera?

EDIT: tried on chrome, chrome literally crashed when i even tried to connect my launchpad lmao

Have a good day :3

Thumbs up Thumbs down

6 (edited by cynex 2018-05-24 05:00:52)

That's odd that chrome crashed, I'll keep an eye on it. I've noticed issues sometimes when a midi device is connected / disconnected while using it, but I will look into that further. Bear in mind, this is all very early in development, and hiccups are going to occur. I'd obviously make sure you are up to date on your browser, and that you have access to the devices ready on page load (for the time being)

The file, edit, menus are all for show atm. There is no export on this version yet, as it will need a rewrite to support all the new features and modes. (Hence the very limited functionality text in the footer). In short, I had to rethink the whole ballgame in terms of how data gets from A->B to support more devices (like the LPPro). Launchpaddr only supported Pal mode, not rgb. You can flip between those modes now in this version. Some programs like ableton (iirc) only use PAL while FLStudio can make use of RGB.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

7 (edited by cynex 2018-05-29 18:22:30)

Update:
Just updated the site to v2.2a, which opens up some new features:

Clip transport functionality.
Each clip has 1024 frames, and there can be 100 clips in memory at once. I'm sure these numbers will get adjusted as needs pop up but for now I don't want to allocate outside of 1gb of memory unless it's too restrictive in functionality. 

FX recording.
The Effects panel now has a recorder which will record frames based on your time settings in the transport

On the short list of todos:
-- Input mapping - MIDI input already works but the information has to be translated into something functional, given there will be a few modes to use, each will need to respond to that information differently.
-- User preferences - User logins will come later on,but in the mean time, I'll be working out a local profile for your browser to remember your settings.

Note : save / export won't be available for a while still, as the size and scale of the applications features will define how saving / exporting will work.

Thumbs up Thumbs down