Topic: Configuring Launchpad LED's with QLab 4

Hi,

I'm currently using the Launchpad Pro in conjunction with QLab 4 (by Figure 53) and it's cue cart feature. The function is to use the Launchpad as a Midi controller to send a MIDI Note On signal to the program in order to trigger a sound effect. This is all done through Programmer mode, but could potentially work in the other modes too.

Now the MIDI triggering and sound effects work fine however I'm trying to program the lights so that visually I can organize the board and identify which button is what sound effect. I see a lot of tutorials to program light shows through Ableton Live however I'm not looking to design something for an audience. I just want to be able to configure the lights to glow green to indicate i have my "lighting" sound effects on them, and when I hit the button it'll turn red to indicate that a signal was sent to the program, then turn green again.

Now I've seen some posts that suggest using http://launchpaddr.com/ which works and lets me light up the buttons. However the main issue is that it only works when I have the window open on their site. I also saw the github file for Lightpad the MacOS beta app to configure lights however editing colors is kind of a pain but also the main purpose seems to be for lightshow programming.

Are there any suggestions for programming the lights?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Configuring Launchpad LED's with QLab 4

to be honest , if you rlly want your lights , youll have to work with abelton ...

it is in my opinion the easiest why to make what you want , but i font know QLab 4 so .... idk

i could tell you how to do your effects if you manage to use abelton

|_ /\ |_| |\| [ |-| |) /\ |) for life <3
                        |