Topic: Canceling midi out

Doing some chain based lighting and there's something I can't seem to figure out. What I want is for a single light to stay lit until I press the next one, then it turns off. I need a way to do this WITHOUT specific note lengths.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Canceling midi out

I know this is old, but you could use a pitch or chord to flash the note for the shortest amount of time possible, and then have the normal light effect go on. Or at least I think you can do that. Why can't you use a specific note length?

*furiously mashes buttons*

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Canceling midi out

beacause the way he is doing probably use the note lenght for his ALL custom effect

meaning that when he made he s effect , he have all his light going as one , and not the last one seperated ( wich is really stupid in my opinion but meh ) . his note lenght affecting all his effect

you can just grab your  last notes in the midi file that you probably have ( since midi extention ect) and just make it longer

|_ /\ |_| |\| [ |-| |) /\ |) for life <3
                        |

Re: Canceling midi out

fractured soul wrote:

beacause the way he is doing probably use the note lenght for his ALL custom effect

meaning that when he made he s effect , he have all his light going as one , and not the last one seperated ( wich is really stupid in my opinion but meh ) . his note lenght affecting all his effect

you can just grab your  last notes in the midi file that you probably have ( since midi extention ect) and just make it longer

I know this topic is super old but I'm not using midi extension for this project. What I'm trying to is similar to a choke group in a drum rack, where if I press one note in the group, all the others are silenced. An example of this would be the intro notes to Shawn Wasabi's Spicy Boyfriend video.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Canceling midi out

this is a modification you need to do inside each sample of your drum rack , i dont remember witch setting you need to play with but you need to do it in every single sample you want to be affected


sincerlllllllllllllllly

the french bastard

|_ /\ |_| |\| [ |-| |) /\ |) for life <3
                        |

Re: Canceling midi out

fractured soul wrote:

this is a modification you need to do inside each sample of your drum rack , i dont remember witch setting you need to play with but you need to do it in every single sample you want to be affected


sincerlllllllllllllllly

the french bastard

I know how to choke in a drum rack, but the issue is that feature isn't available in a midi effect rack, which is what I'm trying to do. I may have to just settle for using midi effect racks within midi effect racks and the random effect to alternate between effects hmm

Thumbs up Thumbs down

7 (edited by fractured soul 2018-01-10 13:20:50)

Re: Canceling midi out

you asked for it in the drum rack , not midi effect ...
make up your mind

then in the midi effect rack ( if it is for light and not sound ) you need to do it throught a note lenght

|_ /\ |_| |\| [ |-| |) /\ |) for life <3
                        |

Re: Canceling midi out

fractured soul wrote:

you asked for it in the drum rack , not midi effect ...
make up your mind

Made me laugh so hard

New signiature whales fuck you trilogy yay memes forum wow #RipSafety

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Canceling midi out

EmileG wrote:
fractured soul wrote:

you asked for it in the drum rack , not midi effect ...
make up your mind

Made me laugh so hard



shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh > n>

|_ /\ |_| |\| [ |-| |) /\ |) for life <3
                        |