1 (edited by TheEpicPancake 2017-11-30 16:33:02)

Topic: So, what exactly is slice to midi?

Everyone and their mother complains about slice to midi and I'm wondering what exactly it is.

*furiously mashes buttons*

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: So, what exactly is slice to midi?

My english sucks, that said i'll try to do my  best

Slice 2 midi is an ableton tool if i remember correctly, it splits a song i different parts and  places them in different key in a drum rack.
Talking about launchpad and basically every other buttons smash controller (aka drum machines?) a slice 2  midi cover is a cover made up by these little parts i talked about before, it's quite annoying because are cover that everyone can do, even my   cat... they requires no skill both in production and  performing. But the most annoying thing is that they are appreciated (usually) more than a well and proper made cover

Thumbs up Thumbs down

kvittoriok wrote:

My english sucks, that said i'll try to do my  best

Slice 2 midi is an ableton tool if i remember correctly, it splits a song i different parts and  places them in different key in a drum rack.
Talking about launchpad and basically every other buttons smash controller (aka drum machines?) a slice 2  midi cover is a cover made up by these little parts i talked about before, it's quite annoying because are cover that everyone can do, even my   cat... they requires no skill both in production and  performing. But the most annoying thing is that they are appreciated (usually) more than a well and proper made cover

so how would you go about making a cover without being all slice2midi if you don't have stems?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

You should remake them or try to extract them from the song,  look on youtube, i've saw  a video explaining how to extract them

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I've searched, and can't seem to find anything. Could you link the video you found?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

bassiclly you need to learn a bit of mastering to ,not do S2M

like learn how to remove what part ect , using phazers and filters

|_ /\ |_| |\| [ |-| |) /\ |) for life <3
                        |

That's probably gonna take a while, seeing as how I don't know a single thing about those

Thumbs up Thumbs down

yes but a launchpad cover is about COVERING
so you need to learn this stuff ...it s not really about  you just making a lightshow

+ you can do this pretty easilly with abelton , even with the lightest version

|_ /\ |_| |\| [ |-| |) /\ |) for life <3
                        |