Topic: A little tip to reduce stress on your fingers.

As we all know, the launchpad buttons are pretty stiff, making your fingers hurt a lot after practicing and performing. If you want to reduce stress on your fingers, try to press closer to the corners of the buttons, and not the middle. I'm sure many people use this already, but I thought I might share it for those who don't. smile

add more reverb

Re: A little tip to reduce stress on your fingers.

After the buttons break in, it should be alright to press the middle of the buttons.

Here is a tip!!

To break in your buttons quickly:

1. Disassemble the launchpad via the 9 screws on the back.

2. Remove the rubber piece that are the buttons.

3. Dunk the pad in boiling water for about 5 minutes.

4. Let it sit and cool.

5. Reassemble launchpad.

Buttons should now be almost, if not already broken in and should be easy to play.

That is what I did to mine, and now it is perfect for playing. Buttons still have that clicky tactile feel yet soft enough for extended usage.

Hope that helped!

"WARNING ATTEMPT AT YOUR OWN RISK" I am not held responsible for any damage that has occurred as a result of modifying  your launchpad.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Epikas wrote:

After the buttons break in, it should be alright to press the middle of the buttons.

Here is a tip!!

4. Let it sit and cool.

5. Reassemble launchpad.

Buttons should now be almost, if not already broken in and should be easy to play.

That is what I did to mine, and now it is perfect for playing. Buttons still have that clicky tactile feel yet soft enough for extended usage.

Hope that helped!

"WARNING ATTEMPT AT YOUR OWN RISK" I am not held responsible for any damage that has occurred as a result of modifying  your launchpad.

Boy, that escalated quickly...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

ULT1MOD wrote:

Boy, that escalated quickly...

Just to make sure that no one comes to me complaining that they ruined their launchpad because of me.

Just a fail safe.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Epikas wrote:

Here is a tip!!

4. Let it sit and cool.

5. Reassemble launchpad.

Hope that helped!

If you take apart your launchpad to heat up the rubber pads, (or silicon or whatever) do you lose your warranty you've bought for it? Because I don't want to void it, yet this is a great tip, so please respond big_smile

Launchpad newbie now, DJ tomorrow!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

VividMusic wrote:
Epikas wrote:

Here is a tip!!

4. Let it sit and cool.

5. Reassemble launchpad.

Hope that helped!

If you take apart your launchpad to heat up the rubber pads, (or silicon or whatever) do you lose your warranty you've bought for it? Because I don't want to void it, yet this is a great tip, so please respond big_smile

I imagine you would after you've tampered with it.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Epikas wrote:

Here is a tip!!

snip snip snip

I did this, and I can confirm it does work - I can already play a lot faster and with less strain on my fingers after longer sessions. This will most likely void your warranty, and it looks like it might be possible to tell if the back has been taken off or not, as the screw is screwed straight in to the plastic. Also, taking apart and reassembling many times decreases the strength of the screws, so it could potentially fall apart. However, there are nine screws, so I can't see this happening fairly quickly.

One thing else to note - never over tighten the screws! You could damage the thread of the screw or even the plastic it is screwed in to.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Reduce, or even avoid your stress with the help of particular manipulations with your fingers.  For more information, click on http://skywritingservice.com/blog/20-ti … -keep-calm to read the entire article!

Thumbs up −1 Thumbs down

RobertTate wrote:

Reduce, or even avoid your stress with the help of particular manipulations with your fingers.  For more information, click on http://skywritingservice.com/blog/20-ti … -keep-calm to read the entire article!

not exactly what they were going for I think.

*furiously mashes buttons*

Thumbs up Thumbs down