26 (edited by MillerTheKiller 2016-02-19 14:25:17)

Re: Ableton MIDI file Extension

The3RDdimension wrote:
MillerTheKiller wrote:
coachdance wrote:

I've got no spaces in any of my midi files or folder names yet I still get the endless loop (it does stop eventually) and I'm left with part of the names of the midi files, but they don't actually work. So i have to reload everything.. Any help? Thanks!


I have the same problem sad

Are you guys using Windows Or Mac if Mac then I won't be much help

I encourage you to check out this topic before asking for help
http://forum.launchpad-pro.com/viewtopic.php?id=5078

Windows, i already saw the videos from Ult1 and Inspir sad

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Ableton MIDI file Extension

<3

I am a ghost, you cannot see me..

Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCzWyh … lWX1raiaDA

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Ableton MIDI file Extension

MillerTheKiller wrote:
The3RDdimension wrote:
MillerTheKiller wrote:

I have the same problem sad

Are you guys using Windows Or Mac if Mac then I won't be much help

I encourage you to check out this topic before asking for help
http://forum.launchpad-pro.com/viewtopic.php?id=5078

Windows, i already saw the videos from Ult1 and Inspir sad

Please help me I have this same problem of it looping the load.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Ableton MIDI file Extension

Make sure that there are no extra subfolders  in the MIDIext folder besides the one for the project itself.

So-

MIDIext folder - [Project lights name here] folder - Your midi files and the master device load file.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Re: Ableton MIDI file Extension

I have Ableton live 9 Lite and when I try to drag the plugin in it says "This plugin is not availible on this version of live" I do have Max for live its in my folder directory for Ableton but the plugin doesn't seem to want to launch.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Ableton MIDI file Extension

SaturnV wrote:

I have Ableton live 9 Lite and when I try to drag the plugin in it says "This plugin is not availible on this version of live" I do have Max for live its in my folder directory for Ableton but the plugin doesn't seem to want to launch.

If the plugin is not available on this version of Live, then the darn plugin is not available on this version of Live.

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

Re: Ableton MIDI file Extension

Mac, el captain
Live suite 9.6.2
Latest Max
Midi extension device: http://forum.launchpad-pro.com/viewtopic.php?id=4968
I cannot get preset saving or loading to work. I have no Max folder in my /Applications folder. Guide says to put the midiext folder in the max root directory. I cannot find this root directory. i can't load any presets either I tried using f-77 slurppee project file from kaskobi and the preset wouldn't load there either. I have tried putting them in the /users/shared/Max 7/ folder. I am putting my presets inside of the the midiext folder. When I try to load a preset the program doesn't do anything and then the file is greyed out in the file expolorer.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Ableton MIDI file Extension

You need Max 6 or later. 7 doesn't work

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Ableton MIDI file Extension

7 works for me

ULT1MOD wrote:

You need Max 6 or later. 7 doesn't work

I am a ghost, you cannot see me..

Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCzWyh … lWX1raiaDA

Thumbs up Thumbs down

35 (edited by tdogb 2016-09-04 14:52:15)

Re: Ableton MIDI file Extension

ULT1MOD wrote:

You need Max 6 or later. 7 doesn't work

Max 7 works on my windows computer with midi extention.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Ableton MIDI file Extension

Hi there!

Questions I have about this technique:

- Is it possible to fire a midi clip just when I keep the button pressed? Meaning, the midi clip will stop as soon as I release the button.
- Is it possible to loop a midi clip? So as long as I keep the button pressed the midi file is played infinitely.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Ableton MIDI file Extension

PLLSSSS HELLLP whenever i want to load a savefile, I click on load, then a window appears where I select the savefile, but when I click on open, the window pops up again and even if I close it it does it infinitive times, I think it wants to get a .mid file cuz there is the setting with the "show all .mid files" or something (My Windows is German so sry if I translated it wrong)

Hope I will get awnsers ;D

Thumbs up Thumbs down

38 (edited by uberrific 2016-11-27 12:38:18)

Re: Ableton MIDI file Extension

Thank you for this!

The no spaces thing really screwed me up, shame on me for not carefully reading instructions! You can't have a space ANYWHERE in your file/folder.

Is there anyway to have the program remember file locations when I'm saving so it doesn't always load up the default C:/ drive or whatever?

@EROPIXX You probably have the same problem as me with having spaces! Get rid of all spaces in your midi files, then remap them and resave!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

39 (edited by vinyldarkscratch 2016-12-19 11:45:13)

Re: Ableton MIDI file Extension

At first I didn't really favor this extension, as I download a lot of projects so I like them to be in just one file, or folder, that can be easily transferred.  But, once seeing more on how this works, I think that I'll be using this for my own projects -- it's actually very helpful, I realize!  An idea also occurred to me, what if there was a graphical creation tool to go along with this extension, so that lightshow creators can see their lights in action on their screen (such as if they don't have their Launchpad with them), and export them to the correct directory, while in turn not lifting a finger to open Ableton Live?  (Yes, I'm interested in developing this app I just suggested, and am hopeful for lots of community support, and interested coders to join the small team!)

40 (edited by vinyldarkscratch 2017-02-27 06:28:15)

Re: Ableton MIDI file Extension

SaturnV wrote:

I have Ableton live 9 Lite and when I try to drag the plugin in it says "This plugin is not availible on this version of live" I do have Max for live its in my folder directory for Ableton but the plugin doesn't seem to want to launch.

Unfortunately, Live Lite is like a demo version, and practically all features are either disabled or EXTREMELY dulled down.  You'll need to grab a copy of Live Suite (the highest tier) to load Max for Live, and to be able to load this particular extension.



OilyGoats wrote:

When I try to load, it brings up the same "Choose File" type dialog box again and again, leading into an endless loop which won't quit unless I force quit ableton. I have the device installed properly... What can I do to fix this?

MillerTheKiller wrote:

I have the same problem sad

tdogb wrote:

Mac, el captain
Live suite 9.6.2
Latest Max
Midi extension device: http://forum.launchpad-pro.com/viewtopic.php?id=4968
I cannot get preset saving or loading to work. I have no Max folder in my /Applications folder. Guide says to put the midiext folder in the max root directory. I cannot find this root directory. i can't load any presets either I tried using f-77 slurppee project file from kaskobi and the preset wouldn't load there either. I have tried putting them in the /users/shared/Max 7/ folder. I am putting my presets inside of the the midiext folder. When I try to load a preset the program doesn't do anything and then the file is greyed out in the file expolorer.

ULT1MOD wrote:

You need Max 6 or later. 7 doesn't work

EROPIXX wrote:

PLLSSSS HELLLP whenever i want to load a savefile, I click on load, then a window appears where I select the savefile, but when I click on open, the window pops up again and even if I close it it does it infinitive times, I think it wants to get a .mid file cuz there is the setting with the "show all .mid files" or something (My Windows is German so sry if I translated it wrong)

Hope I will get awnsers ;D

I was just dealing with the same issue when loading the saves from IxeN's project for Dodge & Fuski vs Virtual Riot - Alien, where it was constantly giving me the Choose File dialog, over and over and over again. There's two causes that I know of, one being specifically about Max 7, and another being multiple files with the same name.  1) ULT1MOD previously stated that "You need Max 6 or later. 7 doesn't work", but Max 7 works, it just uses a different file location.  Instead, you're going to want to place the MIDIext folder in User Documents/Max 7/Library/ (the "Library" subdirectory is essential).  2) Do you have multiple light folders in your Max path, by any chance?  If so, it turns out that if there's multiple files with the same name located in your Max Library, the extension gets confused, and repeats the file picker.  Especially since many lightshow creators use the same naming convention, I would recommend creating a folder somewhere you'll remember and Max doesn't have as a search path to keep all of your light folders (such as User Documents/Max 7/Library_Disabled), and drag just the one you want to play around with into the Max folder.

If either of those solutions don't fix the issue, let me know, and I (or another user here) will try to help out!

Re: Ableton MIDI file Extension

Is there a way to make it run on the Launchpad S?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Ableton MIDI file Extension

urielsalis wrote:

Is there a way to make it run on the Launchpad S?

As long as you're outputting to Channel 1 on the S (instead of Channel 6 on the MK2/Pro), you should have no issues with the plugin!  wink

Re: Ableton MIDI file Extension

vinyldarkscratch wrote:
urielsalis wrote:

Is there a way to make it run on the Launchpad S?

As long as you're outputting to Channel 1 on the S (instead of Channel 6 on the MK2/Pro), you should have no issues with the plugin!  wink


And it should work with midi from other people? I cant seem to get it running on my S(Can PM you the mid files/the project if you like)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Ableton MIDI file Extension

urielsalis wrote:
vinyldarkscratch wrote:
urielsalis wrote:

Is there a way to make it run on the Launchpad S?

As long as you're outputting to Channel 1 on the S (instead of Channel 6 on the MK2/Pro), you should have no issues with the plugin!  wink


And it should work with midi from other people? I cant seem to get it running on my S(Can PM you the mid files/the project if you like)

Most likely, the reason is because you've yet to set output to your S, and it's configured to an MK2 or Pro.  Go ahead and PM me a copy of the project files, and I'll play around with them a bit with my own S and see if I can get it operable.  wink

Re: Ableton MIDI file Extension

vinyldarkscratch wrote:

I was just dealing with the same issue when loading the saves from IxeN's project for Dodge & Fuski vs Virtual Riot - Alien, where it was constantly giving me the Choose File dialog, over and over and over again. ULT1MOD previously stated that "You need Max 6 or later. 7 doesn't work", but Max 7 works, it just uses a different file location.  Instead, you're going to want to place the MIDIext folder in User Documents/Max 7/Library/ (the "Library" subdirectory is essential).  Once I did that, no more Choose File dialog, and lights are a-go!

If this doesn't fix the issue, let me know, and I (or another user here) will try to help out!

Hello there!

I use Max 6.1 and I still get the choose file screen repeatedly. I have watched every midi extension tutorial (Inspir, ULT1, etc.) and nothing has helped. I want to load files from projects such as Kaskobi's Shape of You, but I continously get the same error screen. Please help ASAP!

Thanks!
-ItzTheProGamer smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

46 (edited by vinyldarkscratch 2017-02-27 06:30:00)

Re: Ableton MIDI file Extension

ItzTheProGamer wrote:
vinyldarkscratch wrote:

I was just dealing with the same issue when loading the saves from IxeN's project for Dodge & Fuski vs Virtual Riot - Alien, where it was constantly giving me the Choose File dialog, over and over and over again. ULT1MOD previously stated that "You need Max 6 or later. 7 doesn't work", but Max 7 works, it just uses a different file location.  Instead, you're going to want to place the MIDIext folder in User Documents/Max 7/Library/ (the "Library" subdirectory is essential).  Once I did that, no more Choose File dialog, and lights are a-go!

If this doesn't fix the issue, let me know, and I (or another user here) will try to help out!

Hello there!

I use Max 6.1 and I still get the choose file screen repeatedly. I have watched every midi extension tutorial (Inspir, ULT1, etc.) and nothing has helped. I want to load files from projects such as Kaskobi's Shape of You, but I continously get the same error screen. Please help ASAP!

Thanks!
-ItzTheProGamer smile

Hey there, sorry to keep you waiting for so long, but hopefully the wait of launching the project on the pad will be over!  I went ahead and updated my original post to add a second reason and solution about why the Choose File dialogue repeats, let me know if that might solve the issue?
- VD

Re: Ableton MIDI file Extension

This works perfectly! Are there any more MIDI packs available for it?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Ableton MIDI file Extension

Will this work wih Live 10 (announced yesterday for those that aren't aware), given that Max for Live is actually a part of Live now? Or is it too early to tell?

Launchpad Pro is not working atm sad

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Ableton MIDI file Extension

SamTheSaminator wrote:

Will this work wih Live 10 (announced yesterday for those that aren't aware), given that Max for Live is actually a part of Live now? Or is it too early to tell?

Sadly it's too early to tell, but most likely it will work.  Fingers crossed!

50 (edited by SamTheSaminator 2017-11-07 06:51:54)

Re: Ableton MIDI file Extension

Confirmed working on Live 10 beta! The Max installation folder is at:
[Live Install folder]/Resources/Max
Drop the MIDIext folder there, as Max is now integrated with Live.

Launchpad Pro is not working atm sad

Thumbs up Thumbs down