Topic: The new generation Machine and Komplete Kontrol

Thoughts? The new Maschine looks very similar to the Push 2 in my opinion, but looks really nice nonetheless. Never had much attraction towards the Kontrol due to it's cosmic price tag.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FocQyTE3FNk

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Re: The new generation Machine and Komplete Kontrol

are they standalone ? it look like they are ?

|_ /\ |_| |\| [ |-| |) /\ |) for life <3
                        |

Not sure. They do have 5-pin MIDI I/O, but I believe for full functionality they need a DAW.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

yea idk if they could store complex sample or/and edit them without any input from an acctual pc

|_ /\ |_| |\| [ |-| |) /\ |) for life <3
                        |

I mean, yeah. They look good I guess, but I feel they need to stop forcing the Maschine software forward so much and make it more compatible with other DAWs. They have the configurations in the controller editor, but their recent pieces of hardware just run as MIDI controllers if you run it without the Maschine or komplete kontrol software as a plugin inside of your DAW (bye bye CPU). And judging by what was on the interfaces in this teaser, it'll be the same as usual. I would love to see more Ableton functionality with these. Especially the Komplete Kontrol.

Other things I noticed:

Smaller lights - I have the Mk1 Komplete Kontrol, and the LEDs on the keys are a bit much. I'm glad they thinned them out.

Fixed velocity button - Seems interesting. I guess it could be applied to some instances. Great for finger drumming lmao.

--

No, I don't think they will work standalone. It's definitely possible to do what they do standalone (The Yamaha Montage did an excellent job), but I don't think that's what NI are going for. They are very DAW oriented, always have been. Could be wrong though!

Overall I love what Native Instruments do - their plugins are top of the line and I use them every day. Same with the NI hardware I have - they're just outstanding.

I still make shitty launchpad covers and remakes.

https://www.youtube.com/TrilogyMakesMusic

Thumbs up Thumbs down

The build quality looks super good