Topic: Lighting colors on Launchpad Mini MK2 with Bome´s translator

Hi!
I´m a real newbie on Launchpads, Midi and such. I just got a Mini MK2 to control different functions in a software by mapping the buttons on the launchpad by translating midi input to keystrokes with Bome´s Midi Ttranslator. I got this working just fine. But now I would like to light up the buttons with specific colors for different types of functions.

I got as far as finding a function to send midi (codes like "90 00 7F") to the launchpad with Bome but how can I use this to light up the buttons? Or should I use some other method to do this.

Thank you for any input!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Lighting colors on Launchpad Mini MK2 with Bome´s translator

Bump! Anyone? Please!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

i don t know this softwware so can t help you , but you should use the midi extention by exige

|_ /\ |_| |\| [ |-| |) /\ |) for life <3
                        |

tl68 wrote:

Hi!
I´m a real newbie on Launchpads, Midi and such. I just got a Mini MK2 to control different functions in a software by mapping the buttons on the launchpad by translating midi input to keystrokes with Bome´s Midi Ttranslator. I got this working just fine. But now I would like to light up the buttons with specific colors for different types of functions.

I got as far as finding a function to send midi (codes like "90 00 7F") to the launchpad with Bome but how can I use this to light up the buttons? Or should I use some other method to do this.

Thank you for any input!

Hi, I used too bomes midi translator, but for what purpose? Play an mmorpg and test It with launchpad pro
The result are curious, but this only work if I create a localhost conection.

I tell you, I dont know exactly how maybe work, but you could create multiple virtual ports, input and output, and sync/connect them with ableton live/other program and bomes midi (note: bomes midi pro, paid version create virtual ports and no need other programs)

It later comment I know, but if you didnt resolve the problem, you could be specific more that want exactly
Do you use it on any daw or other program, the answer may vary

Thumbs up Thumbs down