Topic: LSC - LightshowCreator

Hello everyone,

I want to share my very one software with you smile

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WG0-cVZZWAI[/media]
(recommended to watch on full-screen)

What can my program do?
-> I announce it as the "most professional desktop software for creating lightshows" so you can expect a lot of functionality from very basic to very complex!

• create lightshows/lighteffects

• preview the effects in real-time speed!

• play a song parallel to the lightshow

• customizable color schemes, hotkeys, settings and more

• load/save projects and import/export midi-files

• lots of functionality to quickly create and edit the lightshows/lighteffects eg.: the advanced selection mode

• a special view for the laptop users

• performance mode where you can map the lighteffects to buttons on your Launchpad (more info about it just below)

How can it interact with the Launchpad?

• play the lightshow on your Launchpad by simply dragging the midi-file into Ableton

• Performance mode lets you play the lighteffects by pressing a button on your Launchpad (works with all)

• connect multiple Launchpads by running a new instance of the software

• If you have a LP S/Original/Mini you can play the samples via Ableton drum rack while the lighteffects are being played through the performance mode of my software simultaneously! You wouldn't need to worry about effects like pitch/chord or arpeggiator anymore

What's best about it?
->IT'S FREE!!! and works offline!

Download link:
http://www.launchpadfun.com/en/downloads_en/lsc/

I've also included a full documentation on how to use it. You can find the pdf on my website as well.

Ps.: Please don't comment links to the other softwares, I know them all. This post is here to show you an alternative you might want to give a try wink

~ LPFun

2 (edited by lazyba6 2016-03-15 05:28:26)

Re: LSC - LightshowCreator

um.....am i the first one to stumble onto this?? this seems amazing and ..um yup smile ...here i go

question though...does it work w/ mk2?

cuz' im basically lazy...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

3 (edited by LaunchpadFun 2016-03-26 00:42:38)

Depends on what you mean by "work with" haha
Creating lightshows certainly works also for the Launchpad MK2/Pro. You just need to replace the color-file (since it is RGB of course)

The only thing you can't to with the MK2/Pro is: playing the lightshow directly through my software while you have Ableton connected with the Launchpad.

Playing the lightshow through my software works fine if you don't have Ableton connected. (Unfortunately they don't work too well together with the new Launchpad generations sad )

If you want to play a lightshow while running Ableton you'll need to use Ableton itself or MIDIFire which is an awesome tool from a good friend of mine! http://www.launchpadlights.com/midifire

~ LPFun

Looks awesome!

Where is the download button?

MY AVATAR IS BROKEN FIX IT LAUNCHPADPRO
Yo Noodly, i fixed your avatar - peace and love - Safety.
ok. nvm. it worked for a minute and is broken again. guess you're at @LAUNCHPADPRO's mercy now.
i tried... UPDATE: apparently i fixed it after all. just clear your cache for this site. ENJOY NOODLYDOO!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

LaunchpadFun wrote:

Download link:
http://www.launchpadfun.com/en/downloads_en/lsc/

Thumbs up Thumbs down

noodlearms wrote:

Looks awesome!

Where is the download button?

Scroll to the bottom of the page, past the donations wink

~ LPFun

Cool!
so where I can find the documentation. the pdf one

thanks

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hello there,

I recently began the development of my own version of this before I even knew that there were other versions.  I watched the teaser trailer, and it looks like it's exactly what I had in mind!  Of course, the interface is different than what I thought of, and there are a different set of features in some aspects, as one would expect.  I'm still planning on continuing mine, for the experience as well as providing a Mac-compatible, offline solution, and I was wondering if it would be possible if I could work off of your program a little bit, and implement some of it's aspects into my own version (with appropriate credit and donation profits, of course)?

Thank you, great job!
- VD

vinyldarkscratch wrote:

Hello there,

I recently began the development of my own version of this before I even knew that there were other versions.  I watched the teaser trailer, and it looks like it's exactly what I had in mind!  Of course, the interface is different than what I thought of, and there are a different set of features in some aspects, as one would expect.  I'm still planning on continuing mine, for the experience as well as providing a Mac-compatible, offline solution, and I was wondering if it would be possible if I could work off of your program a little bit, and implement some of it's aspects into my own version (with appropriate credit and donation profits, of course)?

Thank you, great job!
- VD

Hey VD,

thanks for the positive feedback! smile

I definitely encourage you to continue making your very own software! For me it was the same situation back then. I started developing mine too even though some others were already out there (but especially online versions). If you want, of course you can take some of my ideas and implement them in your software too. A donation is not needed but I would appreciate an appropriate credit. wink

Be sure to let me know how the software is coming along! I'm very excited!

Best regards,
~LaunchpadFun~

~ LPFun

Heya LaunchpadFun,

Thank you very much, and I'm already adding the attribution to the code as we speak!  As for donations, I insist that you get a percentage of the ones that we obtain -- everyone who has given contributions deserves a share, especially including feature ideas/concepts.  wink  We're also very happy to hear you're interested and excited in Lightpad (working title), and we promise to keep you posted about it!

Keep up the awesome coding work over there,
- VD