Topic: Launchpad S stuck on exploding lights

Hi everyone, has anyone had the issue where your Launchpad just gets stuck on the exploding lights when you plug it in? Ableton doesn't recognize it, even the computer in general doesn't seem to recognize it.. anyone know how to resolve this?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Launchpad S stuck on exploding lights

This is generally known as "screensaver mode" and often refered to as "fireworks". There are some topics about this on the forum already. - I linked a few of the topics in the previous sentence in case you were too lazy to use the forum search.

Here are some possible solutions and explanations for this:
The screensaver / fireworks mode happens when the Launchpad gets power but can't connect. You can artificially trigger this by plugging it into a phone charger.

Possible solutions:
- Check if everything is set up correctly in Ableton
- Check if the Launchpad is recognized in the device manager (if you're on Windows)
- Don't use a USB HUB
- Try a different USB port
- Try a different USB cable
- Download the correct drivers for your Launchpad from Novations Website (if needed)
- Update the Launchpads Firmware
- Try a different computer
- Plug the USB cable into both the Launchpad and the computer and gently wiggle the end with the Launchpad since the Port might be defective

Please post if any of this resolves your issue or further infos so others can learn how to fix their Launchpads.

If everything fails and we won't come up with a solution for you, you might be forced to contact Novation or send it in to them for a repair or replacement since some series had a previously mentioned faulty USB port.

As I expected, none of those solutions worked. None of the usbs ports I try work and the problem isn't the usb cable as I tested the same cable on my Launchkey and it worked. I also used the launchpad cable on my Launchkey and it also worked. Also tried plugging it into my laptop and that didn't work either. Got the latest drivers and the latest firmware already. ;-;
EDIT 1: I've also sent Novation an email detailing the issue, waiting on a response. Thank you for the response by the way Safety.
EDIT 2: Ah, I think I might know a possible issue. Is it bad to try and use USB 3.0 ports?
EDIT 3: *sigh* now it's kinda happening with my Launchkey, sometimes it gets stuck with the "fireworks" as well, and sometimes it turns on properly but Ableton doesn't recognize it anyway. And then other times it randomly decides it wants to work. I want to kill myself.
EDIT 4: Alright, now my Launchkey is just stuck in fireworks mode just like my Launchpad. *hangs himself*

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Dear iMM please use the edit button in the future. I edited all your 5 posts into one. Next time do it yourself instead of making new posts and don't spam or the topic just gets cluttered.

To your problem: From what i can tell i'd say it's either your computer or both your Launchpad and your Launchkeys USB port that are damaged. I'd suggest you to try the Launchpad on someone elses computer, since you already tried your Laptop and if it stays on the fireworks wait for a response from Novation. Maybe they have another fix for you as i mentioned in my initial post (apart from any solution Novation may provide) i'm sure your ports are broken. Sorry about that. Let us know what Novation tells you, but don't make a post for every sentence that comes to your mind after a while.

5 (edited by xXOcatXx57 2015-12-31 16:02:39)

Hush about the spam Safety, thank you for the response once again. A quick update: My Launchpad now literally ceases to function no matter what USB cable or port I connect it to. My Launchkey on the other seems to still just work whenever it feels like it, which is better nothing I suppose.. *attempting to find a bright side*. Anyway, seems like there's not much to be done at this point, I'll continue to wait for a response from Novation.

Edit uno: "just to please you." By the way the port can't be a reason why it's happening, because my Launchkey is literally brand new, got it a day ago. The Launchpad on the other hand... I really just have no idea since it just doesn't work at all now, the port may be the issue but when looking at it nothing seems wrong.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

iMM wrote:

Hush about the spam Safety, thank you for the response once again. A quick update: My Launchpad now literally ceases to function no matter what USB cable or port I connect it to. My Launchkey on the other seems to still just work whenever it feels like it, which is better nothing I suppose.. *attempting to find a bright side*. Anyway, seems like there's not much to be done at this point, I'll continue to wait for a response from Novation.

Edit uno: "just to please you." By the way the port can't be a reason why it's happening, because my Launchkey is literally brand new, got it a day ago. The Launchpad on the other hand... I really just have no idea since it just doesn't work at all now, the port may be the issue but when looking at it nothing seems wrong.

Do you have a Mac?

Thumbs up Thumbs down