Topic: Get a Used Launchpad Pro or Used Ableton Push 1

I current have a Launchpad MK2 and Launchpad Mini MK2. I was wondering to see if I should upgrade to the pro or just go ahead with the Push 1.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Get a Used Launchpad Pro or Used Ableton Push 1

It depends what you want it for. I have both, and they aren't used for the same thing what so ever.

The Push is more for studio time. It is more centred around producing. it has a sequencer, multiple note features and is perfectly mapped with the main features you use when producing in ableton (Instrument select, eq, record, play etc)

The Launchpad is more for live stuff. Sure, it has the note mode, but it is still for live performances. All of the launchpad pro showcases are people using it to make live beats. Look at how it got its fame: Live covers.

The buttons on the Push feel nicer in my opinion, but I am a little OCD, so I don't like how they aren't square.

TL;DR:

- If you want one for Multiple DAWS and live performances, then get the Launchpad.

- If you want to manoeuvre around Ableton efficiently while producing, get the Push.

I still make shitty launchpad covers and remakes.

https://www.youtube.com/TrilogyMakesMusic

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Get a Used Launchpad Pro or Used Ableton Push 1

Trilogy wrote:

It depends what you want it for. I have both, and they aren't used for the same thing what so ever.

The Push is more for studio time. It is more centred around producing. it has a sequencer, multiple note features and is perfectly mapped with the main features you use when producing in ableton (Instrument select, eq, record, play etc)

The Launchpad is more for live stuff. Sure, it has the note mode, but it is still for live performances. All of the launchpad pro showcases are people using it to make live beats. Look at how it got its fame: Live covers.

The buttons on the Push feel nicer in my opinion, but I am a little OCD, so I don't like how they aren't square.

TL;DR:

- If you want one for Multiple DAWS and live performances, then get the Launchpad.

- If you want to manoeuvre around Ableton efficiently while producing, get the Push.

Is the Jump for Mk2 to Pro worth it?

Thumbs up Thumbs down