Topic: Launchpad Pro Pads (How They Feel)

The Launchpad Pro shipped with velocity sensitive pads on them instead of the standard one click does all that we're used to, but nobody has actually given any real information on how they feel compared to the old ones from what I've seen, or not seen in this case, so I'm going to hopefully give you an idea of how they have changed so you know if you prefer this model or would rather stick with the Mk2.

The pads themselve, they feel of different material, but it's a quality feeling, not a cheap rubberised plastic that you'd get on other devices. They are easily triggered by just lightly tapping the pad instead of having to put force into them, and occasionally until you get used to it, you will be double triggering things if you try to do a bit more of a complex routine on User mode. This light tapping has allowed myself to increase the speed at which I can play accurately quite a bit but it could vary as it gives way to accidentally hitting other pads if you are not accurate in your movements since even a slight tap will trigger them now. They are also much more sturdy, it's not actually possible to my knowledge to get it to click down but rather slowly push down very minorly, if you were playing without much care for velocity at the time like some would on User covers, it feels like you're hitting a hard rubber surface and it doesn't even feel like you've moved it any, though it does trigger to the full effect. If you're curious about the actual velocity of them? It takes quite a bit of force to trigger the full 127 velocity, so dont' think you'll just prance around hitting them like it's nothing.

My opinion on the pad revision? I love it and it's given me new ranges that I can play at considering my biggest problem on the prior generation was not hitting the pads on occasion and the amount of pressure you had to put into them took time you could have been traveling to the next pad away, it may not have seemed like a lot of time, but it makes a difference. Albeit others may not like this revision or it might not be for them, this is just my review on the differences in them so take it with a grain of salt if you wish.

~Only in the night

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/5/d393721214/htdocs/forum.launchpad-pro.com/include/parser.php on line 811

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/5/d393721214/htdocs/forum.launchpad-pro.com/include/parser.php on line 811

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /homepages/5/d393721214/htdocs/forum.launchpad-pro.com/include/parser.php on line 814

Re: Launchpad Pro Pads (How They Feel)

Did you find it hard to get used to? I struggled a bit on my first day of having my one D:

I still make shitty launchpad covers and remakes.

https://www.youtube.com/TrilogyMakesMusic

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/5/d393721214/htdocs/forum.launchpad-pro.com/include/parser.php on line 756

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/5/d393721214/htdocs/forum.launchpad-pro.com/include/parser.php on line 816

Trilogy wrote:

Did you find it hard to get used to? I struggled a bit on my first day of having my one D:

To be quite honest, within a couple of hours of toying with it, I've gotten better with them than the original Launchpad ones. The transition was pretty smooth for me, though the first hour was as bad as when I first tried to play a Launchpad.

~Only in the night

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Thank you so much for this! I was waiting for someone to do just this, since mine's coming soon XD
So long story short, the pads like the ones on any MPC or a KORG padKontrol right? That would be awesome cause I'm already used to those :D

?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/5/d393721214/htdocs/forum.launchpad-pro.com/include/parser.php on line 756

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/5/d393721214/htdocs/forum.launchpad-pro.com/include/parser.php on line 816

5 (edited by AsianProperty 2015-07-17 01:27:05)

AsianPenguin wrote:

Thank you so much for this! I was waiting for someone to do just this, since mine's coming soon XD
So long story short, the pads like the ones on any MPC or a KORG padKontrol right? That would be awesome cause I'm already used to those big_smile

To be quite honest, I'm unsure because I've never had an MPC before nor toyed with one, but I'd probably assume so if it matches the description, it feels like what they used in it, they are quality enough to be a industry standard for things of this nature.

~Only in the night

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I see, from your description I'd think its safe to say that they would be pretty similar feeling based on the tech behind velocity sensitivy for drum machine style controllers (for future reference for anyone else).
Thanks anyway, this post has only made me more impatient for it to arrive XD

?

Thumbs up Thumbs down