Topic: Forum Collection of LightShow Effects/Animations

What do you guys think about making a library of different light show presets?

Some take ages to make and it would be cool if you could save them and instantly use them in the future so why not share them while we are at it?

If anyone is interested in participating and getting this started let me know smile

It's these people that make me sick: 1.Right Click 2. Slice Original Song To MIDI
3. Assign each piece of the song to a pad so any idiot can play it by pressing one pad at a time 4.???? 5.Proffit
https://soundcloud.com/recuest/
https://www.facebook.com/OfficialRecuest

2 (edited by ViperActive 2014-03-11 11:59:29)

Re: Forum Collection of LightShow Effects/Animations

I was thinking of something like this, but with Project Files instead. A huge list of project files from all over the place, whether it be remakes, light shows, anything. That way, you could categorize them, one of the categories being Lightshow. Idk, seems like it would be cool, wouldn't have to go digging for files anymore :> But back to the particular thing you were saying, it could be a massive like... gigabyte Ableton Pack, which you install into your user library, and you can just add in as many of the effects you want to you're light show.... I like it. I'd definitely be down to throw some lights together for something like this, I'll start saving the lights from my Animals cover I'm working on.

Apparently, I'm "Diplo Jr."... I ain't complaining.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Forum Collection of LightShow Effects/Animations

I completely agree with your idea.
Maybe one lightshow pattern corresponds one effect group.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Forum Collection of LightShow Effects/Animations

ViperActive wrote:

I was thinking of something like this, but with Project Files instead. A huge list of project files from all over the place, whether it be remakes, light shows, anything. That way, you could categorize them, one of the categories being Lightshow. Idk, seems like it would be cool, wouldn't have to go digging for files anymore :> But back to the particular thing you were saying, it could be a massive like... gigabyte Ableton Pack, which you install into your user library, and you can just add in as many of the effects you want to you're light show.... I like it. I'd definitely be down to throw some lights together for something like this, I'll start saving the lights from my Animals cover I'm working on.

Yeah, I'd already suggested making a sample library database and someone else suggested putting all finished projects in one place.. If it could be all hosted in one place that would be awesome! Any ideas? I was thinking of something more open source but with moderators so anyone can contribute but if something is of bad quality it isn't included

It's these people that make me sick: 1.Right Click 2. Slice Original Song To MIDI
3. Assign each piece of the song to a pad so any idiot can play it by pressing one pad at a time 4.???? 5.Proffit
https://soundcloud.com/recuest/
https://www.facebook.com/OfficialRecuest

5 (edited by ViperActive 2014-03-11 13:05:18)

Re: Forum Collection of LightShow Effects/Animations

Recuest wrote:
ViperActive wrote:

I was thinking of something like this, but with Project Files instead. A huge list of project files from all over the place, whether it be remakes, light shows, anything. That way, you could categorize them, one of the categories being Lightshow. Idk, seems like it would be cool, wouldn't have to go digging for files anymore :> But back to the particular thing you were saying, it could be a massive like... gigabyte Ableton Pack, which you install into your user library, and you can just add in as many of the effects you want to you're light show.... I like it. I'd definitely be down to throw some lights together for something like this, I'll start saving the lights from my Animals cover I'm working on.

Yeah, I'd already suggested making a sample library database and someone else suggested putting all finished projects in one place.. If it could be all hosted in one place that would be awesome! Any ideas? I was thinking of something more open source but with moderators so anyone can contribute but if something is of bad quality it isn't included

I just uploaded a big list of em with direct (mostly) dl links. As to like a legit site or forum, I'm not sure. Maybe just dl all the files ourselves, then upload them to one mediafire account, and have a thread with links to every one. Or have all of them in one mediafire folder, and link to that. It wouldn't be too hard, and it would be sick. If you've got a Skype, maybe we can talk it over there and get something going. Heres what I posted: http://forum.launchpad-pro.com/viewtopic.php?id=765

Apparently, I'm "Diplo Jr."... I ain't complaining.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Forum Collection of LightShow Effects/Animations

ViperActive wrote:
Recuest wrote:
ViperActive wrote:

I was thinking of something like this, but with Project Files instead. A huge list of project files from all over the place, whether it be remakes, light shows, anything. That way, you could categorize them, one of the categories being Lightshow. Idk, seems like it would be cool, wouldn't have to go digging for files anymore :> But back to the particular thing you were saying, it could be a massive like... gigabyte Ableton Pack, which you install into your user library, and you can just add in as many of the effects you want to you're light show.... I like it. I'd definitely be down to throw some lights together for something like this, I'll start saving the lights from my Animals cover I'm working on.

Yeah, I'd already suggested making a sample library database and someone else suggested putting all finished projects in one place.. If it could be all hosted in one place that would be awesome! Any ideas? I was thinking of something more open source but with moderators so anyone can contribute but if something is of bad quality it isn't included

I just uploaded a big list of em with direct (mostly) dl links. As to like a legit site or forum, I'm not sure. Maybe just dl all the files ourselves, then upload them to one mediafire account, and have a thread with links to every one. Or have all of them in one mediafire folder, and link to that. It wouldn't be too hard, and it would be sick. If you've got a Skype, maybe we can talk it over there and get something going. Heres what I posted: http://forum.launchpad-pro.com/viewtopic.php?id=765

Sure, keep in mind that many of the people (like damned and nev (and me xD)) worked loads on the projects so maybe it would be best to link to their fb page instead of the direct link..

I think maybe we could keep your post and update it with more links to free samples and light effects smile or maybe list them in separate threads smile

It's these people that make me sick: 1.Right Click 2. Slice Original Song To MIDI
3. Assign each piece of the song to a pad so any idiot can play it by pressing one pad at a time 4.???? 5.Proffit
https://soundcloud.com/recuest/
https://www.facebook.com/OfficialRecuest

Re: Forum Collection of LightShow Effects/Animations

fun story. i'm working on an animation-pack for some time now.
You can see a couple of them in my Bonfire Video. They are simple drag and drop like packages. that only have to be asigned to the button you want to trigger. super easy.

Re: Forum Collection of LightShow Effects/Animations

Safety wrote:

fun story. i'm working on an animation-pack for some time now.
You can see a couple of them in my Bonfire Video. They are simple drag and drop like packages. that only have to be asigned to the button you want to trigger. super easy.

Dude that's awesome, we should get a project going with a bunch of people who are good with light-shows, and as we make projects with lights, we add new light schemes into one central ableton live pack. I'm talking like.. all of the lights we can find, from new projects were working on and project that are already finished.

Apparently, I'm "Diplo Jr."... I ain't complaining.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Forum Collection of LightShow Effects/Animations

Actually I have also made one, but it is in the corner, gathering dust right now...I might as well keep doing some if i get the time...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Forum Collection of LightShow Effects/Animations

Safety wrote:

fun story. i'm working on an animation-pack for some time now.
You can see a couple of them in my Bonfire Video. They are simple drag and drop like packages. that only have to be asigned to the button you want to trigger. super easy.

Nice! Is it like midi clips or do you use the midi tools like arps and chords?

It's these people that make me sick: 1.Right Click 2. Slice Original Song To MIDI
3. Assign each piece of the song to a pad so any idiot can play it by pressing one pad at a time 4.???? 5.Proffit
https://soundcloud.com/recuest/
https://www.facebook.com/OfficialRecuest

Re: Forum Collection of LightShow Effects/Animations

I use the Midi-Tools which means, that all of the Animations can be used in user1 Mode = live lightshow

Re: Forum Collection of LightShow Effects/Animations

Safety wrote:

fun story. i'm working on an animation-pack for some time now.
You can see a couple of them in my Bonfire Video. They are simple drag and drop like packages. that only have to be asigned to the button you want to trigger. super easy.

Had to look for your bonfire one after you mentioned that....

Dope. Just dope. Light show, as well as routine. smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Forum Collection of LightShow Effects/Animations

Jephers0n wrote:

Had to look for your bonfire one after you mentioned that....

Dope. Just dope. Light show, as well as routine. :)

Glad you enjoyed it! - first Lightshowpack should be out by the end of june btw.

Re: Forum Collection of LightShow Effects/Animations

I know most of you at Launchpad Pro already know about Launchpaddr, but I've just made a major update to it, which is entirely related to this thread.
If you create your animation, now you can save / load / publish your projects and share them. I would be very interested to see what everyone can come up with !

http://launchpaddr.com

Thumbs up Thumbs down

15 (edited by Siinon 2015-07-16 06:19:05)

Re: Forum Collection of LightShow Effects/Animations

i don't know if its to late, but i'll help with some lights tongue, plus this sounds like a good idea and im pretty good at making lights

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Forum Collection of LightShow Effects/Animations

Here's a live version of the plasma I made a while back...feel free to export and try in your daw smile

http://launchpaddr.com/22

Thumbs up Thumbs down