Topic: Quiz before joining

To avoid repeating questions and stop the flow of people who don't how to search for tutorials, why not make a small quiz on the subject of basics of launchpadding.

This could also stop spammers.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Quiz before joining

Good idea. Also, more questions other than just the Pop Culture question would be nice too.

My YouTube Channel
Hell Yeah! Launchpads n' Stuff! ⬆GO HERE⬆ ...Please
PM me if you need help with anything! I'll try my best to help! smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I don't think this would work well, for one reason; people come here to learn, and if they've literally just opened their launchpad box, they won't know much. It'd be hard to devise questions that even people at that level would know.

Apparently, I'm "Diplo Jr."... I ain't complaining.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

In that case there would be writing under it, like "all the answers are found on youtube". And maybe even a writing "This quiz is meant to help you understand research before asking"

The questions would be super basic anyway, so anyone with common sense knows how to answer them. And besides people can visit the forum as guests anyway.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Okay, well how about they can join, but the test prevents them from posting topics until they've passed? That way, if they'd like, they can use the forum as a means to pass the test.

Apparently, I'm "Diplo Jr."... I ain't complaining.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Yeah, sounds fine to me!

Others?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

7 (edited by Quentinover 2015-05-18 18:18:30)

Great idea to me

Sounds like a great idea; it could really reduce the number of repeated posts. A problem I could see arising would be people that can't speak English very well might have trouble answering some of the questions. Would the test be multi-lingual or multi-choice? If it was multi-choice, it would be quite easy to skim over the test without fully internalising the information but if people had to write there answers who would mark them? Mods/Admin? That would create a decent amount of extra work for you guys.

LAUNCHPAD = LIFE

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I think the test can be made multi-lingual, but honestly we don't want to see posts like "Sorry, english bad. how Nev make round bookpage drum sample". So maybe test would be in english and the welcome/rules in multi-languages? Like it's saying there at one point "The main language of the forum is English language, but there are members who might help you out in your language" And then there would be a list of people who speak different languages.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Lol big_smile
Yeah, I guess a test in English would be appropriate.

LAUNCHPAD = LIFE

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I support. Lol truthfully I probably would've failed when I first joined.

Check out my soundcloud here. Hope you enjoy what I have, and there is more coming soon!