Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/5/d393721214/htdocs/forum.launchpad-pro.com/include/parser.php on line 756

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/5/d393721214/htdocs/forum.launchpad-pro.com/include/parser.php on line 811

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/5/d393721214/htdocs/forum.launchpad-pro.com/include/parser.php on line 811

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/5/d393721214/htdocs/forum.launchpad-pro.com/include/parser.php on line 816

Re: The new Launchpad Pro (I mean, the controller, not the website ffs)

nYmE wrote:
ViperActive wrote:

Okay , so I'm just going to set this kinda straight.

COST:
      I understand that a large consumerbase for the launchpad are kids (Not that there's anything wrong with that). That's probably why there's so much complaining about pricing. To be honest, if your one of those people freaking about price, get over it. It's sort of a "Welcome to the DJ world" kinda thing. TONS of equipment available for DJ's and Producers is quite costly.
      When looking at the launchpad pro for example, we should be GLAD it's not more than it is. First thing, it's got 64 RBG LED's. I don't know if anyone else understands, but it's not hard to understand that RGB LEDs are WILDLY expensive. So that jacks up the price a lot.
      Then there's the extra functions. All of those are controlled by a motherboard, which we already know from taking apart the Launchpad S. That motherboard has to handle aaall of the tasks and information sent and received through the launchpad. What does that matter? Well, the company has to build a whole new motherboard to process all of the new functions & features, let alone the 10s of thousands of pieces of info sent and received from the launchpad. (Yes, it's 10s of thousands. Brix and I found this out when researching some stuff for wildly complicated lighting patterns). That jacks up the price even more.
      So really, the Launchpad Pro isn't insanely priced for what it is. We should be appreciative of the fact that it doesn't cost more.

COMPARISONS TO PUSH:
    As for the push comparisons. It's honest to god nothing like push. If you don't believe me, let's break it down.
PUSH:
Knobs
Screen
Rectangle buttons, longer in horizontal length
Grey plastic, rectangle device (in shape)
RBG lit buttons
Built for music production
LP PRO:
Square buttons, equal in length and width
Grey plastic, square device (in shape)
RBG lit buttons
Circle buttons surrounding the controller to carry out extra functions
Built for Live music performing

What are the only things that match on the two lists? Grey plastic, and RGB Lighting. What does that tell you? They aren't much alike, unless your only comparing BASIC aesthetics. So please, stop with the push comparisons.

USER 1 MODE:

As for User 1 mode. I sincerely hope that it's still able to be powered BY DRUMRACKS, and that the samples don't automatically create buttons on the corresponding pads. If I figure out more about this, I'll be sure to update this.

I agree... But i think they are going in the wrong way with the pro... You said most launchpadders are kids, and that´s probably right because its great for getting into the world of the midi controllers and DAW´s. It´s a simple, cheap and easy to learn controller... The pro has so much knobs that it is for people who are familiar with the stuff... Especially beacause it´s more expensive. So the customer has to think twice if they want to buy one. Kids probably don´t have enough money for a controller like this... I would be happier with a new Launchpad that is more similar to the old one and doesn´t have so much knobs...
All in all I´m happy with my Launchpad S and because I already got a Maschine Studio I probably won´t buy a Launchpad Pro unless it has some killer features...

And, I know, I´m saing this all time, but english isn´t my primary language, so I´m sorry for that big_smile

I agree. But it's called the launchpad PRO for a reason, it's for those experienced users or "Pros".

Apparently, I'm "Diplo Jr."... I ain't complaining.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/5/d393721214/htdocs/forum.launchpad-pro.com/include/parser.php on line 756

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/5/d393721214/htdocs/forum.launchpad-pro.com/include/parser.php on line 816

ViperActive wrote:
nYmE wrote:
ViperActive wrote:

COST:
      I understand that a large consumerbase for the launchpad are kids (Not that there's anything wrong with that). That's probably why there's so much complaining about pricing. To be honest, if your one of those people freaking about price, get over it. It's sort of a "Welcome to the DJ world" kinda thing. TONS of equipment available for DJ's and Producers is quite costly.
      When looking at the launchpad pro for example, we should be GLAD it's not more than it is. First thing, it's got 64 RBG LED's. I don't know if anyone else understands, but it's not hard to understand that RGB LEDs are WILDLY expensive. So that jacks up the price a lot.
      Then there's the extra functions. All of those are controlled by a motherboard, which we already know from taking apart the Launchpad S. That motherboard has to handle aaall of the tasks and information sent and received through the launchpad. What does that matter? Well, the company has to build a whole new motherboard to process all of the new functions & features, let alone the 10s of thousands of pieces of info sent and received from the launchpad. (Yes, it's 10s of thousands. Brix and I found this out when researching some stuff for wildly complicated lighting patterns). That jacks up the price even more.
      So really, the Launchpad Pro isn't insanely priced for what it is. We should be appreciative of the fact that it doesn't cost more.

COMPARISONS TO PUSH:
    As for the push comparisons. It's honest to god nothing like push. If you don't believe me, let's break it down.
PUSH:
Knobs
Screen
RBG lit buttons
LP PRO:
RBG lit buttons

What are the only things that match on the two lists? Grey plastic, and RGB Lighting. What does that tell you? They aren't much alike, unless your only comparing BASIC aesthetics. So please, stop with the push comparisons.

USER 1 MODE:

As for User 1 mode. I sincerely hope that it's still able to be powered BY DRUMRACKS, and that the samples don't automatically create buttons on the corresponding pads. If I figure out more about this, I'll be sure to update this.

I agree... But i think they are going in the wrong way with the pro... You said most launchpadders are kids, and that´s probably right because its great for getting into the world of the midi controllers and DAW´s. It´s a simple, cheap and easy to learn controller... The pro has so much knobs that it is for people who are familiar with the stuff... Especially beacause it´s more expensive. So the customer has to think twice if they want to buy one. Kids probably don´t have enough money for a controller like this... I would be happier with a new Launchpad that is more similar to the old one and doesn´t have so much knobs...
All in all I´m happy with my Launchpad S and because I already got a Maschine Studio I probably won´t buy a Launchpad Pro unless it has some killer features...

And, I know, I´m saing this all time, but english isn´t my primary language, so I´m sorry for that big_smile

I agree. But it's called the launchpad PRO for a reason, it's for those experienced users or "Pros".

So not me.

Stuff I'm listening to, Madeon - Adventure.
Stuff I'm making, MUSIC

Thumbs up −1 Thumbs down

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /homepages/5/d393721214/htdocs/forum.launchpad-pro.com/include/parser.php on line 814

so they are just 2 colour LED's Green and Red... conspiracy over

"Dude it sucked.. I was all jammin and then *bam!!!!* I got punced in the colon from the inside.."
"If you stay 20 years behind of everyone, you are automatically 10 years ahead."
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqCkqm … 66koJYb-fA

Thumbs up −1 Thumbs down

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /homepages/5/d393721214/htdocs/forum.launchpad-pro.com/include/parser.php on line 814

ViperActive wrote:
nYmE wrote:
ViperActive wrote:

COST:

COMPARISONS TO PUSH:
PUSH:
Knobs
Screen
RBG lit buttons
LP PRO:
RBG lit buttons

USER 1 MODE:

Maybe it is... But it kills the old concept of the Launchpad...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Maybe it would be a good idea to not quote people anymore on this thread anymore, these posts are long as hell.

Yee

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Vinyl wrote:

Maybe it would be a good idea to not quote people anymore on this thread anymore, these posts are long as hell.

AGREED.

We have soo many amazing people on this forum.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

57 (edited by Datguy 2015-03-10 22:16:23)

nYmE wrote:

Okay, I am

SO

tired of hearing this.

It's called the Launchpad Pro.

IT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO BE THE SAME AS THE LAUNCHPAD, THEY BOTH HAVE DIFFERENT PURPOSES! But really, what other concept could they do that wouldn't "kill the old concept of the launchpad"?

My YouTube Channel
Hell Yeah! Launchpads n' Stuff! ⬆GO HERE⬆ ...Please
PM me if you need help with anything! I'll try my best to help! smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Datguy wrote:
nYmE wrote:
ViperActive wrote:

Okay, I am

SO

tired of hearing this.

IT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO BE THE SAME AS THE LAUNCHPAD, THEY BOTH HAVE DIFFERENT PURPOSES! But really, what other concept could they do that wouldn't "kill the old concept of the launchpad"?

Thank you. Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you.                                                                               thank you.

Apparently, I'm "Diplo Jr."... I ain't complaining.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Datguy wrote:
nYmE wrote:

Okay, I am

SO

tired of hearing this.

Maybe I was wrong about the Launchpad Pro....

We have soo many amazing people on this forum.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Let's wait until the reviews get out.

Envelope For Hapiness - A - 0.0ms - D - 0.0ms - S - Forever - R - 0.0ms
Would you like to know what #slicetomidi means?
I made a thread for that, check here: http://forum.launchpad-pro.com/viewtopic.php?id=4027

Thumbs up −1 Thumbs down