Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/5/d393721214/htdocs/forum.launchpad-pro.com/include/parser.php on line 811

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/5/d393721214/htdocs/forum.launchpad-pro.com/include/parser.php on line 811

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/5/d393721214/htdocs/forum.launchpad-pro.com/include/parser.php on line 816

1 (edited by cynex 2017-12-02 21:33:14)

Topic: Cynex / Chris from Launchpaddr.com

Hey Guys,

It's Chris (dj Cynex) the creator of launchpaddr.com

I've been out of the loop for a bit, as I've had a career change into software/video game/vr development (prev web dev).  As such, launchpaddr needed to take a back seat for a while so I could get up to speed, but recently I've been getting more and more emails from launchpad users asking for more... more devices, more options, more than one launchpad connected, etc.  As such, I started exploring what I could do to get beyond this point.

Launchpaddr.com was great for what it is, a web page with midi connectivity, and allowed you to export a midi file. but supporting multiple devices / layouts and I/O settings would mean a large chunk would have to be re-written. Bear in mind, the tool was made for the original MK1. Over time I supported the MK2, as  Focusrite / Novation graciously sent me one to develop on. I was not in a position to get a lpPRO at that time, but I did what I could to support what I had.

Now that I have a fair deal of unity experience, I've been re-writing the launchpaddr.com site in C# / unity, as it seems to be the best fit, being multi-platform deploy-able.

The alpha stage version is available on launchpaddr.com now, and it's extrememely limited, but it shows i/o connectivity across multiple devices and has some built in animations to help test the speed / rate of midi transfers. I'm looking at minimum a few months to develop this, as well as some hardware / software licensing costs and as such I've started a funding page to help alleviate that.

Launchpad Pro is supported in this alpha version as well, over time I will bring that knowledge back into launchpaddr.com as I would like the software and website to work together, so users can publish and share their work.

Some links of relevance :

Youtube of Proof of Concept : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJlijgY … M_XQ4_pvxF
Alpha Candidate : http://launchpaddr.com/LaunchpaddrPro/L … _alpha.zip
GoFundMe Link : https://www.gofundme.com/fumpe-launchpaddr-pro

Looking forward to seeing where this goes !

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Cynex / Chris from Launchpaddr.com

Cool. Does launchpaddr need max or no?

Also hi

*furiously mashes buttons*

Thumbs up Thumbs down

this goes to the lounge but yea , good stuff

and hi too

|_ /\ |_| |\| [ |-| |) /\ |) for life <3
                        |

@TheEpicPancake nope, it's a standalone app which will function very similar to launchpaddr.com. It won't work within FL/Ableton, but the files it exports will be able to be used as importable midi files.

@fractured soul my bad. feel free to move this to the lounge section smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down