Topic: Change midi notes grid layout/arrangement

Hey there!

I just registered here because I can't find an answer to this (I have spoken to the guys of Novation and they said it's possible but it involves programming and that one of you guys should know?)

Question is: is it possible to change the order of the midi notes on the launchpad? So that for example the lowest note is in the TOP left corner and from there on the next higher note to the right and so on (like the layout of a book page if you know what I mean)?

Please help me out with this.

Thanks,
Alex.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Change midi notes grid layout/arrangement

Simple thing would be to just make a midi effect rack and place pitch effects on each note

Thumbs up Thumbs down

ULT1MOD wrote:

Simple thing would be to just make a midi effect rack and place pitch effects on each note

"programming" at its finest

ULT1MOD wrote:

Well I would if I knew how to do that. Could you explain it quickly?
I tried to midimap one Pitch effect to every launchpad pad but that doesn't work.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

It's a bit of a lengthy process (depending on what notes you want to move where). Basically, just make a midi effect rack and onto each separate note (each note has to be separated in the key zone editor) starting from C1 all the way to the end put the pitch effect and adjust the pitch to your liking.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Ah I see, yeah that's clever didn't think of that smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down