Topic: How to cut up samples from a song
...Like M4sonic, Madeon, Throttle, and more!
First, let's say I want to cut some samples from a Skrillex song. Go to iTunes and find the song. Make sure that Live is still visible in the background:
Okay, now, drag the clip from iTunes and put it into a slot in Ableton Live. Example:
Second, now that you have the song in iTunes, there are different ways you can chop a song, but let's just talk about the best option:
Choping Samples Up Manually)
Okay, if you want to chop up certain parts of a song then keep reading:
1. Make a MIDI track
2. Go to Instruments>Drum Rack
3. Drag the drum rack into the midi column. You'll see this:
4. Now, click on the song you want to cut up, you'll see this:
See those arrows at the bottom near the start and end of the song? (Look at the waveform)
Drag those to whatever part of the song you like. Example:
Now, assuming you want to play these clips in user 1 mode:
5. Double click the drum rack
6. Then drag the song clip into the drum rack. Make sure to put it in one of the spaces below:
(Note - You can also just put the sample into an audio rack then move the arrows and then drag it into the drum rack)
Okay, I hope this helped! Have fun!
Hell Yeah! Launchpads n' Stuff! ⬆GO HERE⬆ ...Please
PM me if you need help with anything! I'll try my best to help!