Topic: Not a project, but more interseting :)

Hi everybody,
This is my first contribution to the launchpad community and I hope it will help you big_smile

I was watching a Launchpad video (Martin Garrix - Virus, by Voltapix if you want to know...), and I asked myself if there wasn't any simplier way to learn a song than to watch a video a thousand times to finally know where to press the pads.
Also, I looked for tabs, or scores, but I found nothing. So, ladies & gentlemen, let me introduce you the LAUNCHTAB !

To understand what I'm talking about, please download this example : https://goo.gl/qkyUYj and open it with the basic Notepad.
The Launchtab system is very inspired by the guitar tabs. It works almost like it, but let me explain how does it do

The first lines of text are made to present the song, like a caption. It gives the "bases" of the music.

Then, you have the most interesting part : the "grid"

The first line shows the beat of the song, so, it's easier to spot where you are, and when you must play.
The other lines under are like guitar strings, but it refers to the Launchpad columns (1 to 8, on a Launchpad S or Mini).
The letters you see on theses lines show you witch button you must press.

For example, a "A", on the line 2, means you must play the A2 pad

To me, it's one of the easiest way to learn a song, but I've found 2 disadvantages :
- When there's more than 2 pads pressed a the same time on one line, it's complicated to note it, the actual max is 2
-This notation method is made for musicians, it's easy for you to get quickly the song if you have the music's bases (rythm, notes, etc...) If you're not, it will be hard

So, I think everything has been said. If you've got questions, suggestions, opinions, feel free to leave a comment !

PS : Please, excuse the mistakes and the typos, I'm just a 15 yo french guy... ^^

Hope you'll enjoy !                                                                                                     ►https://goo.gl/qkyUYj◄

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Not a project, but more interseting :)

woah o-o

MY AVATAR IS BROKEN FIX IT LAUNCHPADPRO
Yo Noodly, i fixed your avatar - peace and love - Safety.
ok. nvm. it worked for a minute and is broken again. guess you're at @LAUNCHPADPRO's mercy now.
i tried... UPDATE: apparently i fixed it after all. just clear your cache for this site. ENJOY NOODLYDOO!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

woah o-o

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Courageux :')

Thank you all ^^

But it just took me a day to create the launchtab, it's not very hard !
The most important thing is the rythm, if you get it, it goes without problem xD

Hope you'll enjoy !

Thumbs up Thumbs down

J'ai pas comprendre.

Cordialement, quelqu'un.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

wow

-In Stems We Trust big_smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down