Topic: Looking to purchase a Midi Keyboard, recommendations?

Hi everyone, I'm thinking about getting a Midi Keyboard for Christmas, I'm most likely going to get a Launchkey, but I'd like to weigh other options first. A Launchkey with 49 keys seems to go for about $200 Australian dollars ($150 usd,) any recommendations for a keyboard around that price are welcome. smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Looking to purchase a Midi Keyboard, recommendations?

I own the Oxygen Gen.3 by M-Audio. I've had it for almost like 4 years now and it still works like a charm. Has a script for Ableton as well that works pretty good.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Looks pretty sweet, I'll definitely keep an eye on that one! Do you mind explaining the script thing though?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Well the knobs, sliders and buttons do what they do in ableton. Sliders control the volume (last one master), knobs control the selected rack and the buttons as much as there are control the play/record/scene and track select etc. There is also 5 buttons that I still haven't yet figured out quite yet, but I believe they change midi channels of the keyboard.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

look at used keyboards on GC, I just got an axiom air 49 for $160.

~Music will make you float away~
https://soundcloud.com/buoyantofficial

Thumbs up Thumbs down

ULT1MOD wrote:

Well the knobs, sliders and buttons do what they do in ableton. Sliders control the volume (last one master), knobs control the selected rack and the buttons as much as there are control the play/record/scene and track select etc. There is also 5 buttons that I still haven't yet figured out quite yet, but I believe they change midi channels of the keyboard.

Ohh that's sweet, I wonder if the Launchkey has a similar thing going for it, it seems to have been built with Ableton in mind, so I'd imagine that's the case. big_smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

NatE wrote:

look at used keyboards on GC, I just got an axiom air 49 for $160.

Sweeet, I'll look into that too, thanks for the reply!

Thumbs up Thumbs down