Topic: Top Row Lights for Original, MkII & Pro

Well, there's been quite a bit of interest in getting the top row of lights working on the latest Launchpads, so I've created a Max4Live device that allows you to do just that.

The device contains three buttons:
~ Launchpad S - Essentially bypasses the device allowing the Launchpad S to work like it normally would.
~ Original/MkII - Allows the top lights on these Launchpads to work like a Launchpad S.
~ Launchpad Pro - Due to the amount of buttons surrounding the Pro, the top buttons are triggered by the eight notes below C1 (normally the lowest note in the bottom left corner).

To use the device (you must have Max4Live installed) simply drag the device after all the light effects and select the type of Launchpad you wish to use.

You can download the Max4Live device here

I'd like to give a big thank you to Trilogy and Viper for helping to test the device; without there help (and Launchpads tongue) I wouldn't have known of and been able to remove most of the bugs.

If you do find a bug or problem with the device, please PM or email me.

LAUNCHPAD = LIFE

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

2 (edited by Trilogy 2015-10-11 10:02:20)

Re: Top Row Lights for Original, MkII & Pro

Im glad my launchpad was a guinea pig for a while wink - The plugin (if thats what you call it) works perfectly, and it has actually inspired me to start making stuff in m4l. Your the best Naroh!

HOW TO USE (incase you cant work it out)

1.) Drag the plugin to the END of the midi effect rack, and put it on the OUTSIDE, and select your launchpad.

2.) Make a lightshow as normal, making sure to use the pitch to get the lights to light up on the top

3.) (FINAL RESULT)
[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jq9SEzNM35w[/media]

I still make shitty launchpad covers and remakes.

https://www.youtube.com/TrilogyMakesMusic

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Thanks so much! Now I can finally port the Up All Night PF to the Pro and do other cool stuff big_smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Awesome thanks! Now I just have to get one...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Did you end up fixing the toggling issue I had mentioned with MKII?

Apparently, I'm "Diplo Jr."... I ain't complaining.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

6 (edited by DJ Naroh 2015-10-11 18:33:20)

ViperActive wrote:

Did you end up fixing the toggling issue I had mentioned with MKII?

I hope so, it no longer does it on my original; hopefully it's the same with the MkII. hmm

ULT1MOD wrote:

Awesome thanks! Now I just have to get one...

Yeah, me too. It's a bit disappointing making a device that is mainly for controllers you don't own...

LAUNCHPAD = LIFE

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Would you guys appreciate a device that can convert between the different types of project files so you could easily play all the projects that have been made for the S and Original and vice versa?
I would start out by simply making all the surrounding lights work but would hope to add a velocity converter as well.

Also, if any of you would be interested in testing the device that would be very helpful (and take a bit of the load off Trilogy and Viper tongue).

LAUNCHPAD = LIFE

Thumbs up Thumbs down

That'd be cool, and even when I tried out the most recent version of the MKII top lights device, the top lights won't work proper if there are other lights on the launchpad js ^^^

Apparently, I'm "Diplo Jr."... I ain't complaining.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Well the device works but there's a problem it lights up the top row but they never go off for some reason...

Live only for yourself and I promise you in the end you won't even know what pain was.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Odemis wrote:

Well the device works but there's a problem it lights up the top row but they never go off for some reason...

What type of LP do you have? It seems that there are quite a few things I need to fix...

LAUNCHPAD = LIFE

Thumbs up Thumbs down

DJ Naroh wrote:
Odemis wrote:

What type of LP do you have? It seems that there are quite a few things I need to fix...

For Pro, I met the symptom too. But it never appear after I restart Live.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Odemis wrote:

It seems if you have too many midi effect racks stacked, it becomes an issue - I personally had this problem when i had a effect rack inside of an effect rack.

I still make shitty launchpad covers and remakes.

https://www.youtube.com/TrilogyMakesMusic

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Sorry about that because that post is pretty old but there's a possibility to play a Project File with Top light on my launchpad S ? If not, can I just take the samples and remap them quickly and easily ?

Thumbs up Thumbs down