Topic: Launchpad LED Editor - Create LED creations with one simple editor!
Hello guys, I've been working the past week on a simple but complex tool to create Pixel Arts, Text Scroll Effects, and others. Have a look at a picture
Wrong Note mapping?
That means, if you light up an LED in the editor, it is at a wrong position at your Launchpad or isn't even shown.
It is very hard for me to test cause I only have the MK2 one, which acts like the Pro I think. Please write me, which model you have, and which LED on your Launchpad is lit, when you light some other LED at the Editor. That helps me to understand the programming manuals and find the right chart for your one.
- 8x8 grid on screen with realtime Color painting
- feature to add own colors (more below)
- Text Scrolling supported (with variable speed, color and looping option)
- Launchpad Model selection, in order to block specific colors
You're right, custom colors. You can add own colors to play with. It works with three parameters:
- The name (only for identifying)
- The Velocity ID (0-127)
- The preview color (showed in the onscreen-grid)
So the color on the LEDs depends on the specified Velocity ID. Depending on which Launchpad you have, there are different velocitys.
Have a look at the programmers manuals (http://novationmusic.de/support/product … =Launchpad) and scroll to the color grids.
There are colors and the equivalent Velocity IDs. Note: On a Launchpad Mini, or Launchpad S, you can't show blue colors, so a mass of colors fall away.
The full release is available here: https://github.com/iUltimateLP/launchpa … Editor.zip
The source code can be found on GitHub: https://github.com/iUltimateLP/launchpad-led-editor
Have questions or feedback? Please tell me here, I'm open for everything.
- Maybe MIDI file import / export to export the art directly to Ableton
- Animations? Frame based painting to create animations.