1 (edited by DJ Naroh 2015-07-12 08:36:02)

Topic: Launchpad Mk2 and Pro - Velocity/Colour Chart

Found this big_smile

Edit: These velocity values/colours work with the Push as well!

http://i.imgur.com/Wc4Yh7j.jpg

LAUNCHPAD = LIFE

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Launchpad Mk2 and Pro - Velocity/Colour Chart

k. novation seriously seems to have fucked this up. why would you do it that way?! why not go from 0 to 127 full circle with the colors which imho would be the most logical way...

3 (edited by DJ Naroh 2015-07-12 08:44:43)

Yeah, it's a pretty weird and not very user friendly way of displaying it hmm

Also, compared to the Push lights the colours are really dark.

LAUNCHPAD = LIFE

Thumbs up Thumbs down

from what i've seen so far the lights seem more like the ones from the original launchpad - only rgb. Let's wait for the "next" version with improoved lights. i'd like to try out the pads though - i really dislike the once on the launchpad - midi fighter and maschine are both way better imho.

Safety wrote:

k. novation seriously seems to have fucked this up. why would you do it that way?! why not go from 0 to 127 full circle with the colors which imho would be the most logical way...

If you make your own program, you can as the programmer's reference of Novation says: "The brightness of the individual red, green and blue elements of the LED can be controlled to create any colour. Each element has a brightness value from 00h – 3Fh (0 – 63), where 0 is off and
3Fh is full brightness." It can make a 18-bit color (64x64x64 = 262144 colors).
These lights are calculated by Ableton Live, that's why they can't make a 0 to 127 full circle of colors.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

i do understand the technical side, but c'mon - if you make a device like this you should overcome this and make it easier for the user and think of a workaround... or talk to ableton.

7 (edited by Ticki84 2015-07-12 13:54:21)

Yeah, that's true.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'm sure someone could make a color max device ....

Envelope For Hapiness - A - 0.0ms - D - 0.0ms - S - Forever - R - 0.0ms
Would you like to know what #slicetomidi means?
I made a thread for that, check here: http://forum.launchpad-pro.com/viewtopic.php?id=4027

Thumbs up Thumbs down

phATty wrote:

The problem is that MIDI itself has a limitation on the values it can send for velocities that make up the color. 0 -> 127 is all it can do so Novation is cramming as much into that range as possible. It was fine with  launchpad v1 because it was simply green*16+red  = your color. where you only had 4 real values of each. 

This was pretty much their only option given the limitations of midi, however, I would have suggested maybe a better palette choice, or at least one a little more congruent.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

cynex wrote:
phATty wrote:

The problem is that MIDI itself has a limitation on the values it can send for velocities that make up the color. 0 -> 127 is all it can do so Novation is cramming as much into that range as possible. It was fine with  launchpad v1 because it was simply green*16+red  = your color. where you only had 4 real values of each. 

This was pretty much their only option given the limitations of midi, however, I would have suggested maybe a better palette choice, or at least one a little more congruent.

Even with that limitation, you can still change the color palette of them for each performance you do with your launchpad smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hi,

i know this is an old post, but since i find the chart provided by novation hard to follow, i created one myself and figured someone might get some use out of it smile

color chart v2

Thumbs up −1 Thumbs down

its the same thing.

Have a good day :3

Thumbs up −1 Thumbs down