Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/5/d393721214/htdocs/forum.launchpad-pro.com/include/parser.php on line 811

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/5/d393721214/htdocs/forum.launchpad-pro.com/include/parser.php on line 811

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/5/d393721214/htdocs/forum.launchpad-pro.com/include/parser.php on line 816

Topic: I present to you...

If you read my presentation topic (huehuehue), you may know that I'm using a custom-made controller with it's own piece of software.

After a tough decision in which category to place this topic in, and after roughly 10 months spent of programming... I present to you all...

The VirtuaLaunchpad!

Ok, by the sound of the name you've probably figured it's a Virtual Novation Launchpad. If so, kudos to you because 90% of my friends weren't able to separate Virtual from Launchpad in the name.

My application written under the .NET Framework offers Novation Launchpad fans to get a try -- for free! It's as simple as downloading the app and running it. All of the input is done via the computer keyboard, as if it was a controller. The app uses that input and simulates a Novation Launchpad. You can customize the samples "binded" to keyboard keys with any .wav file so it's really flexible and powerful.

To see how this works, here is a video of it in action.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESK1Z2LXhcY[/media]

There is a bit of latency as I'm recording with webcam and screen at the same time with an awful processor, but it usually works real-time (on a single-core 2,13GHz!).

If someone wants to give it a try, I've put up a temporary download link here. That particular website is hosted on my laptop and since I got dynamic IP address the link will automatically change in a few days. If people really show interest I'll put it up on MediaFire or something. The download offers the app itself, a few samples from different songs and a few pre-loaded presets (project-files).

To install, extract with password "kogabolikurac" (no quotes) to C: drive so you get a folder like C:\VirtuaLaunchpad\Presets.

Have fun using it and enjoy! For any questions feel free to ask me.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning." – Rich Cook

"Any fool can write code that a computer can understand. Good programmers write code that humans can understand."– Martin Fowler

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /homepages/5/d393721214/htdocs/forum.launchpad-pro.com/include/parser.php on line 814

Re: I present to you...

Very nice

thank you xirus! btw dat squeakquinox, is your launchpad still alive after the fingering ahahahah

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning." – Rich Cook

"Any fool can write code that a computer can understand. Good programmers write code that humans can understand."– Martin Fowler

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/5/d393721214/htdocs/forum.launchpad-pro.com/include/parser.php on line 756

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/5/d393721214/htdocs/forum.launchpad-pro.com/include/parser.php on line 816

dj-shorty wrote:

thank you xirus! btw dat squeakquinox, is your launchpad still alive after the fingering ahahahah

hahaah XD yeah it survived lol

While this is interesting and all, there are legit trial copies of ableton out there, which allow users to launch samples via keyboard input already, without needing and external apps. Also, try not to advertise it as something new users can try to get a feel for the launchpad, unless Youv recreate the functionality 1:1 , which includes session, user 1, user 2, and mixer. Cool idea on paper, but if I were a beginning Launchpader, if much rather grab a trial of ableton and try out the legit program.

Apparently, I'm "Diplo Jr."... I ain't complaining.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/5/d393721214/htdocs/forum.launchpad-pro.com/include/parser.php on line 756

ViperActive wrote:

While this is interesting and all, there are legit trial copies of ableton out there, which allow users to launch samples via keyboard input already, without needing and external apps. Also, try not to advertise it as something new users can try to get a feel for the launchpad, unless Youv recreate the functionality 1:1 , which includes session, user 1, user 2, and mixer. Cool idea on paper, but if I were a beginning Launchpader, if much rather grab a trial of ableton and try out the legit program.

The app is far from done, I just want to know what people think. If I'm gonna advertise it it's surely not gonna be here but maybe on Google Ads or something. Thanks for your opinion.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /homepages/5/d393721214/htdocs/forum.launchpad-pro.com/include/parser.php on line 814

This is a cool way to get people's hands on controllerism. You can make the community grow with this because once they see how fun it is on the keyboard, they will want a launchpad! Cool idea.

Check out my soundcloud here. Hope you enjoy what I have, and there is more coming soon!

SPAZZIM thanks for your support! That is exactly what I wanted to achieve!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Awesome

Thumbs up Thumbs down

10 (edited by NoahDoesLP 2015-05-25 18:46:58)

The concept of VirtuaLaunchpad is a genius idea! I'll test it out!
By the way you forgot the download link: https://github.com/dgsm98/VirtuaLaunchpad/tree/master

We have soo many amazing people on this forum.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

sorry for EXTREMELY late response, but no i did not forget the download link, put up a temporary. that what you've found is a tad bit older fork, and since i ditched github few months ago there were a lot of optimisations on the app so you wont quite get the realtime experience unless you're on a powerful pc. but yea, im building the project website right now. hoping for the project to live smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down