Topic: A Teamspeak server

Idk if you guys would like this idea but it would be kinda cool to discuss launchpad things over voice chat or something and have certain areas like the forums

Hi! I am just your friendly neighborhood DJ/Producer ( ◕ ◡ ◕ )
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/the3RDdimensionx/videos
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/the3rddimensiom

Re: A Teamspeak server

One word. Genius.

We have soo many amazing people on this forum.

Thumbs up 0 Thumbs down

I agree. This idea is amazing, although who or what would host it?

Hit me up on Skype and Splice, I'm always on both!

Splice: Stewie140

Thumbs up Thumbs down

For team speak GOTO a game server rental site you can rent a TS server for as little as 99c (AUD) a slot

Thumbs up Thumbs down

5 (edited by AsianProperty 2015-07-16 02:31:54)

I got us covered, use my TeamSpeak, I'll make us a Launchpad Room now and will enstate mods as people use it tongue
ts.ShowcaseEdit.com:10023
TS will not go down in any foreseen time. More who use it, the more I'll raise the limit, currently it's 10.

Notice - You will need to use the Teamspeak 3 client to connect to that server IP provided above for all wondering, you can google Teamspeak and it should be one of the first links to download it.

~Only in the night

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'll be on that TeamSpeak ALMOST 24/7, pretty much all day that I am on the computer

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Stewie140 wrote:

I'll be on that TeamSpeak ALMOST 24/7, pretty much all day that I am on the computer

More than welcome to be! Try'n'get other Launchpadders on there if you can big_smile

~Only in the night

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Teanspeak? Eeeeeewwwwwww, I disagree with all of you, I hate Teamspeak with a bloody passion, it can go die in a hole. #SkypeIsWhereIts@

#IUseHashtagsAlotDontQuestionIT
#AskMeAnythingImWillingToAnswer

Thumbs up Thumbs down

rater178 wrote:

Teanspeak? Eeeeeewwwwwww, I disagree with all of you, I hate Teamspeak with a bloody passion, it can go die in a hole. #SkypeIsWhereIts@

Dunno why you're comparing it with Skype tbh, Teamspeak is a dedicated voice server with administration utilities while Skype relies on peer to peer hosting which can always have problems, especially when in large group calls, that and its limit is capped pretty quick.

~Only in the night

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Well, Skype recently just switched to cloud based from P2P

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Stewie140 wrote:

Well, Skype recently just switched to cloud based from P2P

If I'm right it still wouldn't be fully dedicated servers w/admin utilities, along with that it would be capping the bitrate that users could speak at with a pretty low cap that Skype sets so I'm still a teamspeak lover <3

~Only in the night

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Asian's on the right track,

TeamSpeak or Mumble would likely be the best platform if we're looking to have 6+ people on at one time.

That being said, it's still WAY easier for a public server to exist rather than setting up group calls and having to reinvite/add/tranfer the call/etc

Thumbs up Thumbs down