I'm Gazza and today we see how to edit the lesson panel on Ableton ..
This is a helpful thing if you do Projects,Soundpacks or Ableton's Instruments and you want to give information about them.
Create a New Project in Ableton using Ctrl+N (Windows Users)/ Command+N (Mac Users)
Save your Project and after go in the Project Folder
Create a folder called (Project Name) Lessons
EXAMPLE If my project is call "Demo Project" the folder will be "Demo Lessons"
EXAMPLE #2 If my project is call "Launchpad Pro Project" the folder will be "Launchpad Pro Lessons"
Open the folder and create a file call exatly "LessonsEN" for english version but if you want you can add all launguages you want, Italian Svedish ecc.
Now edit the Text with the codes below, another thing you can put images but thier must be 260x260px or smaller
C O D E S C O D E S C O D E S
$Page = The name of the Page $TargetName = The code name for the page *bold* = Create bold effect $Link http://forum.launchpad-pro.com <http://forum.launchpad-pro.com> = Link something in internet the website that's between the < > will be the destination. $Link this page. <GotoPage:About the Launchpad Pro Forum> = Link something in the lessons and no in internet
Here i'll give you an example:
$Page Rain Soundpack // Name of the Page $TargetName Sounds // Name of Target Here's a Hip Hop Soundpack // Write normally to insert text index.png // Insert an image must be 260x260px or smaller The Sounds were taken from a rainy day and from a $Link Novation Circuit.<https://us.novationmusic.com/circuit/circuit> If you want know more about the Launchpad or Midi Fighter go on the $Link Launchpad Pro Forum. <http://forum.launchpad-pro.com/> *Thanks and Enjoy!*
you need to put the image on the folder "(Project Name) Lessons" after write the full name with the exstension the letters after the .
index.jpg launchpad.png something else.gif
Here you can find a my Soundpack with the Edit Session Panel
Note: if you use edit the bar it automatically open itself when you start the project
For Windows: C:\ProgramData\Ableton\Live 10 Suite\Resources\Max (Copy it here)
For Mac OS: Application -> right click on Ableton and click “Show package contents” -> “contents” -> “App-Resources” -> “Max” (Copy it here)
Then when you are trying to load the light save file from Exige extension, MAKE SURE YOU CHOOSE THE FILE FROM THE NEW FILE ROUTE.
If anyone wants to finish and fix it feel free to do so. I wrote this shortly after Exige released his tool but never had the time to finish it. That's how it ended up being half-finished burried hidden in the secret Moderator-sub-forum. Have fun with this. Note that i will NOT give ANY support for this.
How to use "Exige Midi Extension Device"-Style lightshows without Ableton Live 9 Suite
The following tutorial works on both platforms; Windows AND Mac / OSX. It is a workaround for people who don't own Suite and therefore can't use Max4Live and Exige's Midi Extension Device. It is NOT the same thing and has some drawbacks, read more about the theory behind this workaround and its problems in the "Extra" section below.
It consists of two parts, the first part being exclusive to the individual OS and the second is general Ableton setup mandatory for both.
PART 1 - WINDOWS
1. Download loopMIDI and MIDI-OX
2. Install loopMIDI and MIDI-OX
3. Start loopMIDI and create 2 ports - port1 and port2 by typing the name in the line at the bottom, clicking "+" and doing the same for port2 so it'll look like this:
4. Plug in your Launchpad if you haven't already
5. Start MIDI-OX
6. Click on the following 3 icons in the Menubar
7. In the MIDI Devices Window, click on Launchpad in the upper left Window and on port1 and port2 in the lower left Window, so it looks like this:
8. In the Midi Port Routing Window, right click somewhere in the grey area and select "Disconnect All"
9. Drag Lines between the ports to set it up like this:
10. The Midi Port Activity Window should now look as follows and give you feedback on "Launchpad", "port1" and "port2"
(Note: loopMIDI and MIDI-OX have to be started everytime before Ableton for this to work)
PART 1 - MAC / OSX (NOT AVAILABLE YET
1. coming soon
PART 2 - Windows & MAC / OSX
1. Start Ableton
2. Go to Options --> Preferences --> MIDI / Sync and set everything up like this. Only choose the correct Launchpad in the first and last row. In this tutorial i use the original Launchpad
3. Drag a Drum Rack in the first track, a MIDI Effect Rack into the second track and set it up as follows. If this section doesn't show up, make sure you clicked the I-O button in the lower right corner of Ableton
4. Press the "user 1" button on your Launchpad
5. Go back to Options --> Preferences --> MIDI / Sync and disable "Track" for "port1"
6. Create 64 Locators with enough space inbetween them by rightclicking in the area shown below. (Your Midi Clips will go in the spaces later)
Why is ALL of this needed?
If you'd map buttons to the markers, without a duplicate port you wouldn't be able to trigger the drumrack. This way you trick Ableton into thinking, that you essentially have 2 Launchpads, where one is mapped to the individual markers while the other one act's a as a normal trigger for the drumrack.
We create 2 virtual Midi-Cables in loopMIDI and then route the input we get from the Launchpad in MIDI-OX to both of them, basically "creating" 2 Launchpads.
This whole setup can be further optimised by creating a third virtual Midi-Cable, routing it the same way and mapping the buttons of that cable to solobuttons on individual tracks, while always only having one effect per track.
In order to not have to go through steps 12-X one should save the .als project and use it preset for every new project.
The same can be done for bank based projects.
OBVIOUSLY this is a less straight forward solution than Exige's Midi Extension Device, but then again not everyone has the Live Suite, which is needed for Max4Live.
Hope this helped you out, eventhough it's not the easiest setup but it's free and doesn't require any knowledge about setting up and especially creating chain based effects.
Want to help?
- If anyone makes a "good" video on this process i'll link it in this topic
- If anyone makes FULL presets for this workaround and is willing to share, i'll link them here aswell, the following are missing:
- Launchpad, Launchpad S, Launchpad RGB and Launchpad Mini - Single Bank, Multibank (8 Banks / Sidebuttons)
(share the same layout; that's why one preset will work for all of these)
- Launchpad Pro - Single Bank, Multibank (8 Banks / Sidebuttons)
(has a different layout; that's why it needs a different preset)
- Found a mistake or spelling error? Comment below and i'll be glad to correct them
Problems or Questions?
- Comment below and someone will help
- Do NOT quote the whole post, just the relevant bit
Either way, it’s very frustrating! In this video, I’m going to take you through exactly how to configure your Launchpad to get up and running with these projects.
I wanted to share a resource that I hope is helpful, I came across a lot of people that didn't have a great understanding of what the Launchpad was, and how it worked so I created a tutorial explaining the following:
- What is a Launchpad?
- What is Ableton?
- What are the 2 views in Ableton all about?
- What can I do with the Launchpad?
- How to I record and export my song from Ableton?
It's had a great response on YouTube, so I'd love share it with this community to help as many people as possible!
What Is A Launchpad? How To use A Launchpad]]>
Ages since I posted here!
I made a huge tutorial series where I start from the absolute basics all the way to the most complicated lightshow effects (more to come)
You can check it out here: http://recuestmusic.com/lightshow-tutorials/
Hope you enjoy! <3]]>
I'm doing a show similar to their setup, but I need to know how to light up the Launchpad similar to how they are so my labels are backlit.
Bonjour les gens, je suis un débutant en Launchpad et j'ai ressèment installer le Project File de PopCulture Remix de Madeon.
Cependant je n'ai pas trouvé de quoi apprendre à le jouer (ordre de touches, etc...)
Je cherche donc quelqu'un pour me renseigner à ce sujet.
(Eng) [sorry for my english]
Hi guys , I am a beginner at Launchpad and I reseed install the Project File of PopCulture Remix by Madeon.
However I found nothing to learn to play the ( keys order , etc ...)
I looking for someone to learn me it.
If you don't know what is Unipad, here it is. An Launchpad for Android App
NOTE : Unipad is not available in IOS, and your smartphone must support OTG in order to connect]]>
(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง
Anyways, in this video I explain how to light up the top row of buttons on the launchpad pro and mk2. Thanks!
(Sorry for my english)